Our founder, Gerald M. Pollack, started his career as a sales clerk with the Roger’s Jewelers chain of Boston. G.M. Pollack and Sons was founded when Gerald and his wife Perle purchased their first jewelry store in Portland, Maine in 1955.
Their son, Stan Pollack, worked in the original store on Congress Street as his father taught him the business. After Gerald passed away in 1999, Stan Pollack took over as President. The business grew to eight stores throughout Maine because of quality jewelry at the best prices and the warm, friendly service which has been the Pollack family's tradition for 58 years.
Stan Pollack retired as President of the company in 2008.
In 2009, the Pollack family sold G.M. Pollack & Sons to its employees. We are truly honored to be the first Maine employee-owned jewelry chain and we look forward to a promising future, continuing strong relationships with our customers in this wonderful jewelry industry.